We are only accepting applications for the current vacancies listed below. Candidates
submitting information for positions currently not available will not be considered.
We thank you for your interest in joining our team. Raley's, the Place Customers Love
to Shop and Employees Love to Work.
Central Pharmacy General Clerk
SUMMARY: Under close supervision, setup and transport packaged materials for usage or shipment to internal or external customers. Manually and electronically document all movement of product and packaging supplies and perform general maintenance duties within safe, sanitary, and good housekeeping guidelines. This job classification requires the ability to lift and move boxes up to 25 lbs.
SUPERVISES: Not applicable.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. *Loads and unloads product from trucks in loading dock.
2. *Stacks products safely and accurately in rows.
3. *Maintains accurate records of incoming and outgoing materials.
4. *Uses the bar code system to generate pallet tags and scans product each time it is moved.
5. *Anticipates production needs and stages packaging materials.
6. *Cleans and lubricates machines as requested.
7. *Performs general maintenance and cleaning duties.
8. *Assists with inventory control and maintains packaging supplies.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or G.E.D. and three months related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Demonstrated ability in customer service and able to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization including internal and external customers.
• Ability to work in an independent manner.
• Ability to maintain effective working relationships at all levels and with outside contacts.
• Demonstrated ability to accurately process documents and product.
• Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, problem solving and organizational skills.
CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR LICENSES:
Employees may occasionally experience the following physical demands for extended periods of time:
• Lift and move heavy boxes and bags up to 25 pounds.
Work is performed in a warehouse and production factory environment.
* Denotes Essential Job Function
Location: West Sacramento
Available thru: 12/11/13
Talent Acquisition Manager
The Talent Acquisition Manager will be responsible for planning, developing, executing, and directing the recruitment strategies, processes and programs.
This position will be responsible for performing core recruiting and sourcing functions, while also developing the talent acquisition program. This position will work closely with senior leadership to anticipate the needs of the business and will be responsible for developing a pipeline of talent ready to meet the strategic needs of the company.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Develop recruitment sourcing strategy and implement innovative recruiting methods that focus on all candidates
• Manage full cycle recruitment process
• Proactively plan with hiring manager to plan for hiring needs
• Develop and monitor key metrics for recruiting for the company as well as within the restaurant industry.
• Drive increasingly cost-effective sources for hiring
• Identify and build pipeline for internal succession planning efforts
• Coach and develop Operations on talent acquisition
• Partner with the Human Resources team to ensure the overall goals of the business are met
• Proven success in managing organizational capability and expertise in recruiting top talent within the Bay Area and throughout California
• Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written skills required.
• Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and LinkedIn
• Proven track record of leveraging and implementing new technology and solutions
• Experience in evaluating and implementing an applicant tracking system (ATS).
• Strong networking skills with a pulse on industry standards
• Ability to utilize contacts to fill hard to staff positions
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
• 8-10 years recruitment experience, with strong Human Resources knowledge base
• Restaurant or retail industry experience with a quickly growing concept
• At least 2-4 years experience managing a team of internal and external recruiters
Location: West Sacramento, CA
Available thru: 12/13/13
Food Service Technician
Summary: Under minimal supervision, perform troubleshooting, repair and preventive maintenance on Wrapping systems & scales and other food
Duties & Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
• Troubleshoot and repair wrapping systems and scales.
• Troubleshoot and correct problems on other food service equipment.
• Program, upload, and download scales.
• Communicate with store management personnel regarding maintenance of equipment.
• High School Diploma or G.E.D.
• In-depth understanding of at least one wrapping and scale system, and certified either Hobart or Toledo.
• Ability to operate a computer and related software programs including Microsoft Windows, Excel, Word and Outlook..
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written.
Certifications and/or Licenses Required:
• Valid California Driver’s License.
• California Weights and Measures Certification.
Physical Demands: Employees may occasionally experience the following physical demands for extended periods of time:
• Ability to lift weight up to 50 pounds.
• Ability to climb vertical ladders.
• Ability to maneuver in tight or difficult to access areas, including kneeling and bending.
• Ability to work in low temperatures.
• Ability to drive long distances.
• Most work is performed in a store environment.
• Some work is performed in a shop or warehouse environment.
• Will have exposure to low temperatures and high voltage.
• Driving to various locations or work sites.
• On-call as needed.
Available thru: 12/16/13
Payroll Associate III
The Raley’s Payroll Department is looking for an individual with a strong retail background interested in continuing to provide excellent customer service while growing their payroll knowledge. Work is performed under general supervision and provides departmental support of all activities required to produce a weekly payroll and maintain employee payroll records. This job classification requires knowledge of general clerical payroll practices and procedures, all to be done within specific time requirements. The ideal candidate is comfortable with technology and will have the ability to identify issues or anomalies in process or data and not be hesitant to discuss or escalate practice or data that is not up to our established standard. SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Duties and responsibilities of this position may include, but not be limited to; • The mastering of a variety of manual and automated procedures in support of the payroll department • The collection, audit and entry of time and attendance data • Processing incoming mail • Entry or maintenance of employee wage, deduction, garnishment, tax, direct deposit, or address data • Sorting and distribution of pay checks and advises • Filing • Use of computerized reporting tools to audit payroll data. • Respond to a variety of payroll questions and problems ranging from routine to complex
Location: West Sacramento
Available thru: 12/18/13
Senior Director, Real Estate
This position has primary responsibility for the development of real estate strategy involving stores, corporate headquarters, divisional/district offices, distribution centers and plants in alignment with Company goals. The position represents the organization in matters associated with real estate development and lease agreements. This position has primary responsibility for the selection and purchase or lease of the real estate required to meet the organization’s operating needs and the disposition of surplus property. This position also has primary responsibility for site location analysis, including developing store location strategies and the identification of remodeling/expansion opportunities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
1. *Develops and oversees the implementation of strategies to meet short and long-term real estate needs that optimize and align the portfolio with Company business plans and objectives.
2. *Plans and directs the real estate department’s activities, including land and building acquisitions, leasing, renegotiation and site locations.
3. *Plans and implements pro-active strategies to promote Raley’s as a positive community and business partner to representatives at the state, county and city level.
4. *Presents recommendations to the Executive Committee for approval. In conjunction with Store Operations, works on the acquisition, management and divestiture of land and facilities, including facility locations, site acquisition and leasing of space.
5. *Serves as the primary negotiator for all real estate-related activities.
6. *Works with site architect and developer to provide the best possible site plan per corporate requirements.
7. *Participates in the budget and cash flow process for projects.
8. *Manages the leasing of Raley’s owned or master-leased properties.
9. *Oversees the disposition of any/all excess or sale-back properties by providing them to either the financial or real estate investment community. Considers selling all properties on a direct basis to end users through “open listings”.
10. *Continuously reviews and updates all leases for opportunities to negotiate a favorable change to Raley’s prior to renewal (remodel) investment in property.
11. *Coordinates the settlement of all tenant/landlord disputes with the support of Raley’s Legal Department. Reviews, responds to and implements all legal issues with in the guidelines of corporate policy or review with the Legal Department for guidance.
12. *Coordinates the review by the Legal Department of all leases, easements, CC&R’s, estoppels, subordination and other agreements for form, completeness and legal content prior to the delivery of all such documents to management for review and signature. Acts as key liaison with Raley’s Legal Department.
13. * Manages staff to include: hiring, training and development, counseling, goal setting, performance evaluation, discipline and termination.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, real estate or related discipline plus ten (10) years of commercial real estate experience in the retail environment, preferably in retail grocery industry, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Master’s degree preferred. Experience with Northern California commercial real estate markets.
• Knowledge of a variety of the field’s concepts, practices and procedures.
• Knowledge of commercial real estate procedures and strategies to include an understanding of real estate laws and taxes, lease and contract terms, land planning, site evaluation, cost estimation and market survey techniques.
• Knowledge of local, state and federal regulations and requirements related to real estate.
• Working understanding of accounting, law, finance and budget systems is needed to evaluate lease agreements and formulate real estate development and lease opportunities.
SKILLS/ABILITIES: • Strong organizational skills to maintain control over numerous projects.
• Ability to maintain effective communication and working relationships with all customers and co-workers.
• Well-developed communication and negotiation skills.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
Available thru: 12/09/13
Under general supervision, the Data Steward has responsibility for monitoring the import of electronic data files, validating file content, and processing the data before it is applied to the merchandising system database. The Data Steward will manually set up and maintain item, vendor, cost, retail, and promotional information, including the management of on-demand shelf label requirements from the stores and the merchandising teams. This position requires accuracy of work with excellent attention to detail.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
1. *Responsible for monitoring and validating electronic files from vendors.
a. Ensure accuracy of data before additions and/or changes are made to the merchandising system database.
b. Assist the Point of Sales (POS) department by auditing information and assisting in the resolution of store inquiries with regard to data integrity in POS downloads.
c. Validate and maintain all merchandising system database fields and hierarchies in order to preserve data quality and accuracy in all corporate reporting.
d. Document and/or revise all departmental standardized operating procedures and system instructions.
e. Support marketing activities by maintaining look-up codes for promotions and setting them up in the merchandising system database.
f. Support scale management activities by setting up and maintaining supplier/vendor information in the merchandising system database.
2. *Responsible for manually entering item information into merchandising system database.
a. Ensure accuracy of data and that business rules are upheld.
b. Support store operations by generating on-demand shelf labels based on store openings, re-set schedules and store requests.
c. Support category management activities by setting up and maintaining supplier/vendor information and user-defined attributes in the merchandising system database.
3. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
1. Fully utilizes the functionality of the merchandising system.
2. Adheres to established operating procedures.
3. Delivers accurate data entry.
4. Meets daily production goals.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree, plus four (4) years of related data coordination and/or data entry experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE: General understanding of store operating procedures with regard to pricing maintenance and back door receiving activities.
SKILLS/ABILITIES: Strong computer skills required and a working proficiency with word processing, spreadsheets, and database software.
• Follow established operating procedures
• Meet daily production goals
• Follow verbal and written instructions
• Work independently as well as in a team environment
• Type 40-45 words per minute
• 10-key by touch is a plus
Additional requirements include a customer service focus plus a strong attention to detail and data entry accuracy.
Available thru: 12/11/13
Senior Security IT Architect
Evaluation of new projects and applications from a security IT architecture perspective.
Development of security program to support any device, anytime, anywhere on Raley’s network.
Liaison between user experience and business, working with designers, information architects, UI and developers involved in creating mobile user experience.
Drive the application security design and development.
Define and articulate designs using storyboard, concept sketching, wire-frames and prototypes.
Research and explore new security and application technologies and trends, keeping the platform up-to-date and moving forward.
Provide mentoring to development staff.
Provide technical support to IT, customers, and internal staff as required.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or MIS with 5+ yrs of experience in application security (JQuery, Handlebars, Backbone, Ruby, Groovy, php, Python, .NET) and 5+ yrs of network security experience. Certification in OCSP, CISSP, ISSAP is preferred.
Familiar with REST based design, XML and WebService design, Subversion. Experience with forensics tools such as Encase or Access Data FTK. Proficiency with vulnerability scanners. Familiarity with Agile development and Responsive design. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Outstanding analytical and troubleshooting skills. Familiarity with Cloud Computing and distributed systems.
Available thru: 12/13/13