Who will Benefit?
All students, K through 5, at Incline Elementary
How will the money be used?
The money will be used by the IES PTA to fund the position of a Science, Technology and Outdoor Education Implementer to create and expand the science and outdoor education opportunities for IES students through the implementation of a vertically aligned, K-5, experiential science-based curriculum, utilizing community resources.
The Implementer will work in the school, in coordination with the teachers to:
* Implement and facilitate a school-wide science curriculum framework that is vertically aligned K-5
* Incorporate local community resources into the classroom
* Develop and lead science experiments
* Organize and lead a Science Fair
* Create opportunities to incorporate technology into the student experience
The program will begin in September 2012 and run through to September 2013.
Incline Elementary School
915 Northwood Boulevard, Incline Village, Nevada, 89451
Washoe County School District
Contact: Laura Nugent: 775.298.2025, acting on behalf of the I
lnugent, Incline Village