Filet Mignon with
Wild Mushroom Sauce
4 (1 -inch thick) Raley's Black Angus Beef filet mignon steaks
Salt and pepper freshly ground
1 (14- oz.) can onion seasoned beef broth
1 (.75- oz.) package Pistol River Mixed Wild Dried Mushrooms
2 tbsp. butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 tsp. flour
fresh rosemary, chopped
Prep: 5 minutes, Cook: 20 minutes, Serves: 4
1. Season steaks lightly with salt and liberally with
pepper. Cook on a grill over high heat for 1 to 2
minutes per side to sear.
2. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes
more per side for medium-rare.
3. Meanwhile, bring broth to a boil in a small saucepan. Add
mushrooms and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes; remove
from heat and set aside.
4. Melt butter in a medium skillet. Add garlic and cook for 1
minute. Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute more.
5. Add broth and mushrooms to skillet and cook for several
minutes until sauce is thickened. Spoon sauce over cooked
steaks and sprinkle with chopped fresh rosemary.
Nutrition per serving: 520 calories, 40 g protein, 38 g total fat (15 g
sat.), 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 0 g sugar, 140
mg cholesterol, 890 mg sodium, 14 points