At Raley’s, we’re all about infusing life with health and happiness by changing the way the world eats, one plate at a time. We take our passion for great food and world class customer service to the next level. Every day we come into work knowing that what we do is making a difference in the lives of our customers. Evolving beyond the definition of what an ordinary grocery store can be, we’re bringing a fresh take on the idea of living well to the communities we serve and live in. We’re dedicated to supporting healthy and happy team members, customers and communities – and we’re looking for the same kind of passionate people to join our team, grow with us and share our purpose.
At Raley’s, we don’t just sell groceries–we’re changing the way the world eats, one plate at a time. We care for our customers by providing nutritious options and great food at an affordable price. We educate our team members on health and wellness so they can personally connect to our vision and purpose.
We also invest in the health of our communities through food literacy programs, local farmer initiatives and through our very own non-profit, Food For Families, which donates millions of pounds of food to food banks each year.
At Raley’s, we believe cultivating a culture of respect and inclusion is fundamental to how we attract, retain and inspire team members who bring their best, full authentic selves to work. It’s the heart of who we are. As we continue to grow and transform our business, we look to our Team Members to bring their unique perspectives and experiences to work. We are proud to employ a diverse workforce made up of people who encompass different cultures, abilities, races and ethnicities, and who represent the diverse communities we serve.
Our most valuable resource is our people and we are stronger when we grow our company from the inside. What starts as a summer job can become a life-long career at Raley’s, where growth and development are part of finding happiness at work.
We support our team members through informal mentorships, encouraged knowledge sharing, internally-designed leadership programs, scholarships and tuition reimbursement. We believe in team members owning their own development—and we’re here to support them. That’s why we offer our team members opportunities to develop their leadership skills and master the key essentials, which we call our Leadership Traits.
For our store team members interested in leadership, we have:
- Leader Launch –This 10-week learning experience for emerging store leaders provides the foundation for what it means to lead The Raley’s Way.
- ASTL Leadership Track – This 8-week learning experience is for those identified with high potential to become an Assistant Store Team Leader in our stores. It provides additional training around our Leadership Traits, management fundamentals and business acumen.
- STL Leadership Track – Designed for those showing high potential to become a Store Team Leader, this 12-week learning experience takes our Leadership Traits, management fundamentals, business acumen, and servant leadership to a whole new level. Participants, called “Trackers,” learn from established leaders and executives to further develop their leadership capabilities.
FACT: 65 percent of the alumni from ASTL and STL leadership tracks were promoted within one year of graduating from the programs.
For our support teams, we offer:
- Lunch and Learns – We bring various topics to our teams, based on what they want to learn. These topics range from learning about business topics, such as negotiating contracts, to more personal topics like estate planning.
- Toastmasters – Our weekly club meeting provides a supportive learning experience to develop communication confidence and build leadership skills.
- New Leader Immersion – For people newly promoted to leadership and established leaders who join our company, we offer an overview of leadership at Raley’s, which covers our culture and leadership
All team members can access:
- Individual Development Plans – We make it easy for any team member to identify their areas of strength and opportunity, and to create a plan to build their skills.
- Tuition Reimbursement – We are part of the California Grocers Association Educational Foundation, which supports up to $1,000 a year in tuition reimbursement for qualified courses.
- Scholarships – Our partnership with CGAEF also provides our team members and their dependents with access to industry scholarships. In addition, we partner with CGAEF to select the winners of our annual Joyce Raley Teel Scholarship, established to encourage team members and their eligible family members in their educational pursuits.
- Retail Management Certificate – We partner with the Western Association of Food Chains to offer the Retail Management Certificate, an accredited community college program that gives students critical skills and knowledge to gain management roles in the grocery industry.
Our company is healthy when our team members are happy. We bring our vision to life, not just for our customers, but also for our people. Comprehensive benefits ensure that our team members have access to quality health care at affordable rates. Our generous Employee Assistance Program provides financial, legal and counseling support for team members when they need it most. Meaningful wellness education and fun team events bring us together to experience the kind of happiness that can only come from being healthy. We’re sharing a wide range of health and wellness resources with all our team members so they can thrive both inside and outside of work.
- Wellness Champions in every store – Our Wellness Champions are designated leaders who inspire, support and engage fellow store team members. These natural influencers are passionate about wellness and share our message of health and happiness through fun education and events.
- Daily health tips and monthly challenges – We feature daily wellness tips on our intranet, called The Pantry, to help continue the conversation about our monthly wellness topics.
- Raley’s Healthy Lifestyles Program – We bring a personalized wellness digital experience to our team members through a robust web portal designed to educate and engage.
- Promote healthy life balance – This is so important that we made it one of our five Team Member Promises. Leaders and team members work together to establish and maintain a healthy work environment.
- In-house registered dietitian and wellness specialists – Wellness experts and professionals help bring professional experience and perspectives to the nutrition information we share with our teams.
Raley’s prides itself on offering generous benefits packages to our team members. We provide comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits at very little cost to our team members. Store discounts and free product offers bring our products to our team members at extra savings every day. We also provide life insurance and retirement contributions, helping our team members save for today and the future.
Here at Raley’s, great benefits are how we invest in the well-being of those who serve our company and our customers. We know that different people value different things, so we offer various benefits to meet our team members’ needs. Eligibility for our perks varies based on position and hours worked.
- A 10% team member store discount
- Flexible work schedules
- Sick, vacation and holiday pay
- Direct deposit
- Weekly pay
- Excellent health benefits and retirement plans
- Employee Assistance Program, including savings on financial planning and legal services
- Discounts for gyms, cell phone carriers and theme parks
- Opportunities to grow
- Meaningful recognition for years of service and great work
- Health and wellness education and empowerment
Our compensation practices ensure that Raley’s pay rates are competitive with the external market, have internal equity, and reward performance contributions from entry-level to executive leadership positions. Company base pay, bonuses and incentives contribute to a well-rounded Total Rewards program in combination with benefits. At Raley’s, we pride ourselves on staying ahead of the curve and rewarding our team members for their contributions.