Skip to Content
Chicken with Watermelon Blueberry Grilling Glaze
We used Badia spices on the Hispanic Foods aisle to help lower the cost of this tasty recipe. The glaze is also great on pork.
- PREP TIME:
- 15 minutes
- COOK TIME:
- 45 minutes
- 3 cups cubed watermelon
- 1 (6-oz.) container fresh blueberries (1-1/4 cups)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp. cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 3 lbs. Raley’s fresh chicken drumsticks or thighs
- Puree watermelon and blueberries in a blender. Transfer to a medium saucepan and stir in remaining ingredients except chicken.
- Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat slightly and boil for 15 to 20 minutes or until mixture has reduced to a nice glaze, stirring frequently.
- Grill chicken over medium heat for 10 minutes on each side or until it reaches 165˚F internally, brushing with sauce during grilling.
Skip To Suggested Recipes
Per serving: 287 calories, 29 g protein, 11 g total fat (3 g sat., 0 g trans), 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 16 g sugar, 147 mg cholesterol, 308 mg sodium, 9 points