- ☐ 1 pound Cod (thawed if frozen)
- ☐ 1 bunch asparagus, cut into 2inch pieces, blanched
- ☐ 2 cups frozen peas
- Anchovy Butter Sauce
- ☐ 2 –4 tbsp Extra-virgin olive oil
- ☐ 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ☐ ¼ cup anchovy filets, minced
- ☐ 2 tbsp butter, cold
- ☐ 1/3 cup Italian parsley, chopped (more for garnish optionally)
- ☐ 1 lemon
- ☐ Salt and pepper to taste
Prepare the cod
- Portion the cod into 5 smaller, equal sized portions. Pat dry with a paper towel and season both sides with salt and pepper. Place a large sauté pan over medium-high heat and coat the bottom generously with 1-2 TBS olive oil. When the oil is hot, carefully add each portion of the cod to the pan.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and set aside.
Make the sauce
- Use the same sauté pan over medium heat and coat the bottom with 1-2 TBS olive oil. Add minced garlic and sauté until barley golden brown.
- Add minced anchovy, using the back of a spoon to help break up the pieces.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes before adding cold butter. Turn off heat and add Italian parsley and whisk to thicken the sauce. Add lemon juice to taste.
- Add peas and asparagus to the Anchovy Butter Sauce and stir to coat. Plate the cod and add vegetables and sauce on top, garnish with additional parsley and ENJOY!!