Make this easy cioppino recipe and impress your guests on New Year’s Eve or anytime you crave the ocean’s freshest harvest.
- 2 (32-oz.) jars Raley’s Cioppino Sauce (in our Meat Department)
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 or 2 cooked Dungeness crabs, cleaned and sectioned (We’ll clean them for you. Just ask our Meat Department!)
- 9 fresh Venus clams, scrubbed
- 9 fresh mussels, scrubbed
- 1 lb. red snapper fillets, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 lb. bay scallops
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- Bring cioppino sauce and wine to a boil in a large stockpot.
- Add crab; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add remaining seafood, tucking under crab so that it is in the broth; bring to a boil again and simmer 5 to 10 minutes or until shrimp are pink and clams and mussels are open. (Discard any that do not open.)
- Stir in lemon juice.
- Serve with baguettes from our Bakery. Makes 4 generous servings.
Nutrition per serving: 790 calories, 81 g protein, 18 g total fat (3 g sat., 0 g trans), 67 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 30 g sugar, 145 mg cholesterol, 2770 mg sodium,16 points
Shop our 100% sustainable seafood!