Skip to Content
Lemon Dijon Chicken with Asparagus
Tart, buttery and sweet, chicken breasts are seasoned and sautéed and served with delicious, fresh steamed asparagus in a busy weeknight recipe that will taste like it took all day.
- PREP TIME:
- 10 minutes
- COOK TIME:
- 10 minutes
Skip To Suggested Recipes
- 12 oz. chicken breast (about 2 pieces)
- 1 tsp. olive oil*
- 1/4 tsp. salt*
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper*
- 12 spears asparagus
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp. butter*
- 1 tbsp. dijon mustard
- *common pantry item
- Wash the asparagus and trim off the bottom, about 1 1/2 inches.
- Steam the asparagus in the microwave by placing on a plate with 1 tbsp. of water, cover and microwave for 1 1/2 minutes. Set aside.
- Cut chicken breast in half horizontally to create about 1/2 inch thickness. Season chicken on both sides using 1/4 tsp. salt and 1/8 tsp. pepper.
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in a medium sauté pan over high heat. Add chicken to hot pan; reduce to medium-high heat. Cook for 2 minutes on each side until cooked through; remove from pan and set aside.
- Add lemon juice and mustard to the pan and stir to deglaze for 30 seconds. Remove from heat, add butter and stir until melted. Add asparagus and coat with sauce.
- Plate asparagus and chicken and top with remaining sauce.