Skip to Content
Paprika Chicken with Carrots & Garbanzo Beans
Tender, mouthwatering chicken pairs with carrots and garbanzo beans in a flavorful and savory dish accented by tomato, paprika, and Italian parsley and a hint of spice.
- PREP TIME:
- 10 minutes
- COOK TIME:
- 10 minutes
Skip To Suggested Recipes
- 12 oz. boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika*
- 1 tsp. dried oregano*
- 1 tsp. salt*
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes*
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 cup canned garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- 1 cup baby carrots, or medium diced carrots
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 tbsp. italian parsley leaves (optional)
- *common pantry item
- Cut chicken thigh meat into 1 inch diced. Place in a medium bowl and toss with paprika, oregano, 1/4 tsp. salt and red pepper flakes.
- Heat 1 tsp. olive oil in a medium sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken, and cook for 2 minutes to brown the chicken.
- Add chicken broth to deglaze the pan. Place chicken and juice in a bowl and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in the pan over medium-high heat. Add carrots and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add in garbanzo beans and tomato paste. Cook for 1 minute to brown the tomato paste.
- Return chicken to pan, stir and cover. Cook for additional 2 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Garnish with parsley leaves (optional).