Skip to Content
Portobello Mushrooms with Kale
Lemon, garlic, grilled onion and shredded asiago cheese accent this flavorful, vegetarian quinoa dish that features savory portobello mushrooms and leafy lacinto kale.
- PREP TIME:
- 10 minutes
- COOK TIME:
- 10 minutes
Skip To Suggested Recipes
- 2 large portabella mushrooms
- 4 cups lacinto kale
- 2 cups Seeds of Change brown rice and quinoa
- 1/4 cup shredded asiago cheese
- 1/2 1 red onion
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice*
- 4 tsp. olive oil*
- 1 tsp. garlic*
- 3/8 tsp. salt*
- 1/4 tsp. ground pepper*
- *common pantry item
- Wash mushrooms and brush 1 tsp. of olive oil on each mushroom.
- Cut red onion into 4 wedges leaving them connected at the root end. Brush with 1 tsp. olive oil.
- Season vegetables with 1/4 tsp. salt and 1/8 tsp. pepper and grill for 2 minutes on each side over medium heat.
- Heat 1 tsp. olive oil and garlic in a large skillet over medium heat. Add kale and season with lemon juice and remaining salt and pepper. Stir until wilted.
- Meanwhile, heat rice according to package instructions. Add grains to kale. Stir to combine.
- Divide kale mixture between 2 plates. Slice the grilled mushrooms and place on top of the kale. Garnish with grilled onion and asiago cheese.