Skip to Content
Raley’s Shelf Guide: Gluten Free Mac & Cheese
Skip To Suggested Recipes
- 2 slices Canyon Bakehouse Bread Gluten-Free Mountain White or other gluten-free bread, toasted and broken into crumbs
- 12 oz. Barilla Elbow Pasta, gluten-free
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tsp. mustard powder
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Bring a pot of lightly water to a boil while toasting two slices of gluten-free bread in a toaster.
- Chop bread into bread crumbs.
- Cook gluten-free elbow macaroni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until al dente, about 8 minutes.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir salt and mustard powder into melted butter.
- Remove saucepan from heat.
- Whisk milk and cornstarch together in a bowl until smooth. Stir into butter mixture until blended.
- Return saucepan to stove. Cook the milk mixture, stirring constantly, over medium heat until sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Remove saucepan from heat. Stir cheese into sauce until melted.
- Drain and rinse pasta and pour into cheese sauce and stir well.
- Pour cheesy noodles into a greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle one more cup of cheddar cheese, paprika and chopped gluten-free bread crumbs over mac & cheese mixture.
- Bake at 375 degrees, until the top is crunchy (about 30 minutes).