Skip to Content
Raley’s Shelf Guide: Make a Nutrient Dense Brunch
Skip To Suggested Recipes
- 1 1/2 cups Bob's Red Mill Oat Flour
- 3 tbsp. Wholesome Sweeteners Coconut Palm Sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 cups Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 4 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp. Spectrum Coconut Oil, melted
- 3 1/2 oz. dark chocolate, melted
- your choice of fresh fruit
- Heat a waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions.
- Whisk together the oat flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Whisk the almond milk and lemon juice together in another medium bowl and let stand for 5-10 minutes until it has the consistency of buttermilk. Whisk in the eggs and melted coconut oil.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until combined. Rest the batter for 5 minutes.
- Ladle the waffle batter into the hot iron. Close and cook until the waffle is golden on both sides and is easily removed from the iron.
- Slice up your favorite fresh fruit while melting a bar of dark chocolate over low heat.
- Top oat waffles with melted dark chocolate and your favorite fresh fruit. Serving on a breakfast tray in bed is optional.