Skip to Content
Ribollita Soup with Coleman Ham
- PREP TIME:
- 20 minutes
- COOK TIME:
- 40 minutes
Skip To Suggested Recipes
- 3/4-pound of Coleman Natural Ham (spiral sliced ham or ham steak), cut into ½” cubes
- 1 15-ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 15-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 32-ounces low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 fresh sage leaves
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bunch kale, chopped
- 1 large chunk of day-old crusty bread, torn into 1-inch pieces (about 4 cups)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Place a large, heavy-bottomed stock pot over medium heat, and add olive oil, onion, carrot, and celery. Sauté for 4-5 minutes, until vegetables become tender.
- Add garlic and sauté 1 minute longer, making sure garlic softens but doesn’t begin to brown.
- Add tomatoes, chicken broth, bay leaf, sage, thyme black pepper, beans, kale and ham. Stir to combine.
- Cook over medium heat for 15-20 minutes, allowing flavors to meld.
- Meanwhile preheat oven to broil. Coat torn pieces of bread with olive oil, sprinkle with salt, and place under broiler until slightly brown, being careful not to burn them.
- Add browned chucks of bread to soup pot, barely incorporating them so they don’t get soggy.
- Ladle soup into bowls and top each bowl with Parmesan cheese. Serve hot.