- ☐ 1 lb salmon (thawed if frozen salmon fillets are being used)
- ☐ Mixed greens
- ☐ 8 slider rolls
- ☐ ¼ cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- ☐ ¼ cup water
- ☐ ¼ olive oil
- ☐ ¼ brown sugar
- ☐ 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ☐ ½ tsp onion powder
- ☐ ½ tsp garlic powder
- ☐ ½ tsp ground ginger
- ☐ 1 clove garlic, minced (optional)
- ☐ Ginger, grated (optional)
- Garlic Aoili
- ☐ ½ cup reduced fact mayonnaise
- ☐ Juice of ½ lemon (~2 tbsp)
- ☐ 2 cloves fresh minced garlic
- ☐ 2 tsp fresh dill (or 1 tsp dried dill)
- ☐ Pinch of salt
- In a large bowl, add soy sauce, brown sugar, water, olive oil, lemon juice, onion powder, garlic powder and ground ginger; whisk and combine thoroughly.
- Place salmon and marinade in a large sealed bag or shallow covered dish.
- Allow salmon to refrigerate in marinade for 15 minutes (or longer).
*Optional: for a more robust flavor, use one clove of minced garlic and 1 tsp freshly grated ginger.
- In a medium bowl, add reduced fat mayonnaise, lemon juice, dill, garlic and salt; mix well to combine.
- Adjust season with additional lemon or salt to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Grill marinated salmon for 5-8 minutes per side (depending on thickness).
- Brush salmon with additional marinade at start of grilling for more flavor. Do not add marinade again after turning salmon, as it may not cook sufficiently to be safe.
- Drizzle additional marinade over salmon fillet and bake at 350 degrees F for 15-20 minutes.
* Temperature of fillet should reach 145 degrees F regardless of method.
- Divide salmon into 8 portions. Spread Aioli on bottom bun, top with salmon portions, mixed greens and top bun.Serve and ENJOY!