Skip to Content
Spaghetti Squash with Bacon, Tomatoes and Walnuts
We picked up bacon at the Meat Department counter where you can buy in smaller quantities. Using the bulk bins reduced the cost of the walnuts.
- PREP TIME:
- 20 minutes
- COOK TIME:
- 25 minutes
- 1 lb. spaghetti squash
- 6 strips bacon, coarsely chopped
- 1 lb. Roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped, toasted walnuts
- 2 to 3 tbsp. snipped fresh basil (optional)
- Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds with a spoon; place in a shallow microwave-safe dish with 1/2 inch of water. Cover with plastic wrap and cook on HIGH for 10 minutes.
- Let cool slightly. Using a fork, scrape spaghetti squash into strands; set aside.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes or until crisp; remove from skillet. Add tomatoes; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add spaghetti squash, salt and garlic to skillet; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes or until very hot. Add cheese, walnuts and basil and toss lightly.
Skip To Suggested Recipes
Per serving: 170 calories, 5 g protein, 10 g total fat (3 g sat., 0 g trans), 16 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 7 g sugar, 10 mg cholesterol, 420 mg sodium, 3 points