Lucich-Santos Farms, Patterson, CA
California farmers for close to 100 years. Raley’s farmers for more than 20 years.
- One serving delivers more than half of your daily value of vitamin A, protecting against many age-related diseases.
Tips from Dave Santos, co-owner of Lucich-Santos Farms
How to select
- Look for a bright orange or slightly green suture – where two halves meet
- Sniff for a sweet, apricot smell
How to store
- Ripen at room temperature in a paper bag.
- Keeps, uncovered, in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Dave takes great pride in planting a new orchard and seeing a new tree’s first bloom.
“When the orchard blooms,” Dave says, “you can drive through, roll down your window and hear the bees going crazy. They love the apricot blooms, they’re so sweet.”