Skip to Content
The Blended Caprese Burger
Skip To Suggested Recipes
- 8 oz. field mushrooms
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. garlic, minced
- 24 oz. grass fed ground beef (80/20)
- 4 oz. fresh mozzarella
- 1 cup white onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp. avocado mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. pesto
- 2 vine ripened tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 4 ciabatta rolls
- 8 leaves butter lettuce
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- Finely chop mushroom (in a food processor if available).
- Heat 1 Tbsp. olive oil in a medium sauté pan over medium high heat.
- Add mushrooms and garlic; sauté for 2-3 minutes until mushrooms begin to brown
- Chill mushroom mixture. Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a medium sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add onions and sauté slowly for 6 minutes until onions become translucent and begin to brown.
- Add balsamic vinegar to the pan and cook until balsamic reduces to a glaze. Set aside.
- Combine meat and mushroom mixture. Divide into 4 patties and season well with salt and pepper.
- Grill burgers to desired doneness. Top with cheese to melt.
- Cut bread in half and toast on the grill.
- Top the bottom of each bun with 1/2 Tbsp. each, pesto, mayonnaise and lettuce.
- Place burger on the bottom bun.
- Top each burger with balsamic glazed onions, tomatoes and top with remaining bun half.