Skip to Content
Tilapia with Kale & Olives
Strips of sweet red bell pepper, briny chopped green olives, and crunchy fresh kale combine and pair with lightly-battered tilapia for a flavor-packed and stress-free weeknight meal solution.
- PREP TIME:
- 10 minutes
- COOK TIME:
- 10 minutes
Skip To Suggested Recipes
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1/3 cup whole, pitted green olives, or mixed olives, chopped
- 12 oz. tilapia
- 1 tbsp. salt*
- 1/8 tsp. pepper*
- 1/4 cup flour*
- 3 tsp. olive oil*
- 4 cups kale, chopped
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- * Common pantry item
- Cut bell pepper into strips. Roughly chop olives.
- Season tilapia with 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/8 tsp. pepper.
- Pour flour onto a large plate and dredge fish in flour to lightly coat each side.
- Heat 2 tsp. olive oil in medium sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add tilapia to pan and reduce heat to medium. Cook for 5-6 minutes until just cooked through, turning fish halfway during cooking.
- While fish is cooking, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add bell peppers and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add in olives, kale, 1/2 tsp. salt and 2 tsp. water. Toss and cook for 2 minutes until kale is wilted.
- Sprinkle lemon juice over Kale and serve with tilapia.