Since November, 2018, nearly $1 million has been donated to Camp Fire relief efforts through Raley’s, our customers, team members, and the generosity of our ownership, the Teel family.
Raley’s is committed to supporting the affected communities through a marathon of recovery and rebuilding. With coordinated donations through Raley’s, Raley’s Food For Families, and our food bank partner Food Bank of Contra Costa and Solano, resources were provided throughout the burn areas in Butte County during and after the fire.
The camp fired burned over 153,000 acres throughout Butte County. Over 13,000 homes, 528 commercial buildings, and over 4,000 other structures were lost. Ranking as the most destructive wildfire in the history of California, there were 85 fatalities as a result of this disaster.
“Just because the media has left does not mean the need left with them” – Mary Sakuma, Butte County Office of Education Superintendent.
As rebuilding efforts continue, Raley’s is committed to continuing support of those affected by this devastating disaster and encourages everyone to do so as well.
Efforts made during the fires:
Raley’s Chico store team members and store leadership from throughout the area provided immediate support, feeding victims in our parking lots and providing requested donations to evacuation shelters.
- A refrigerated truck was staged at the Food Bank of Contra Costa and Solano for perishable product donations
- Donation of fruit, water, and snack items
- Staging of two refrigerated trucks on site at the Salvation Army Distribution Center
- Served over 300 families per day
- Direct distribution from Raley’s of over $25,000 of product:
- 800 cases of canned goods
- Pallets of fruit
- Toilet Paper and paper towels
- Snacks for CAL OES and the State Operations Center
- Partnership with Taylor Farms – providing more than 1,700 sandwiches, wraps and salads
- Partnership with Bimbo Bakeries – providing pallets of bread
- Partnership with Foster Farms – providing 120 cases of deli meat
- Partnership with NuCal Foods – providing 25 cases of eggs
- Partnership with General Mills – providing 40 cases of pancake mix
- Partnership with Quaker – providing 25 cases of pancake mix
- Partnership with Kraft Heinz – providing 40 pallets of deli meat
- Partnership with Tyson Foods – providing 60 pallets of beef jerky
- Partnership with Hormel – 810 hams
Raley’s continues to partner with the North Valley Community Foundation for ongoing relief efforts. For those seeking assistance or want to donate to the cause, please click here.