April 13, 2020
In this video, Raley’s President & CEO, Keith Knopf, shares the company’s ongoing commitment to team member safety and announced that Raley’s will pay a second community service reward bonus to all hourly team members.
Knopf announces the second reward payment will be based on hours worked and given to all hourly team members across the organization, including stores, distribution, pharmacy, production bakery and support center.
Knopf reiterates that since the onset of this crisis, Raley’s has remained focused on team member safety by implementing over a dozen safety measures. Some of these were in place as early as mid-February and others added as more information and supply came available. In all cases we have met and in most cases exceeded State, County and CDC guidelines.
- Enhanced our sick and leave benefits
- Provided face masks
- Instituted start-of-shift temperature checks
- Increased security
- Installed shields at registers
- Provided hand wash stations
- Supplied cart and hand sanitizers
- Discontinued reusable bags
- Increased frequency of surface cleaning
- Designated Sanitation Marshalls in each store
- Coordinated Pharmacy curbside pickup
- Implemented social distancing signage and overhead messaging
- Metering customer count
- And more
Knopf also shares Raley’s efforts to support the community during this crisis. Since the onset of COVID-19, Raley’s has donated over half a million dollars in food and funds to partner organizations. Raleys would like to thank their partners.
- Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services
- Sacramento City Unified School District
- Sacramento Republic FC
- Sacramento County Sheriff
- City of Rancho Cordova
- Food Bank of Contra Costa and Solano
- Alameda County Community Food Bank
- Special Olympics Northern California
- Yolo Food Bank
- Keaton’s Child Cancer Alliance
- Volunteers of America
- Redwood Empire Food Bank
- Placer Food Bank
- Second Harvest Food Bank Santa Cruz County
- Central California Food Bank
- Second Harvest Food Bank Serving the Valley
- Second Harvest Food Bank of Silicon Valley
- Food Bank for Monterey County
- Food Bank of Northern Nevada
- Eat REAL Certified
March 21, 2020
To our customers and community,
In the spirit of “we are all in this together,” we want to share how we are supporting our team members during this unprecedented time. The following is a message I shared with our team earlier today.
To our 11,000 team members, who are paid an hourly wage, thank you!
On February 27th, I framed our plans to best ensure your safety and our commitment to serve the community during this unprecedent time. As I shared, you are the highest priority. Your selfless dedication and community service is an inspiration for us all.
In recognition of this, you will receive a special payment in your April 3rd paycheck. The average reward is expected to be around $500. On behalf of the Raley’s Management team, our Chairman Mike Teel and myself, I want to express our deep appreciation. We are mindful this is a fluid situation and will continue to monitor, respond and keep you informed.
We are getting through this.
Keith E. Knopf
President & CEO, Raley’s
March 16, 2020
To our customers,
On behalf of Raley’s, I want to express our deepest sympathy for those afflicted by the coronavirus.
For 85 years, Raley’s has been there for the communities we serve, in good times and bad. I assure you that you can count on us during this time of crisis.
I believe the most important thing that all of us can do is to trust those who are leading us through this crisis and to remain calm and civic minded. Please know, the food system in the United States is the most sophisticated and robust in the world and amid “rational” demand it will keep up. If we all normalize our buying behavior and resist the unnecessary need to stockpile, everyone can have what they need.
So that you have confidence, here are just some of the things Raley’s has implemented or that will be put in motion. Many of these steps were implemented weeks ago.
- To date, we have stepped up our already high in-store sanitation focus.
- Our distribution centers and our fleet of several hundred trailers continue around the clock to deliver more product to stores.
- We are working closely with suppliers to prioritize and restock the shelves.
- At this point, and until consumer demand becomes more normal, we are limiting a small number of products to a maximum of two per family per visit. This includes milk, eggs, water, fresh packaged chicken and paper products.
- Out of an abundance of caution, we have also chosen to suspend our open self-serve hot food and salad offerings. Instead, these items will be prepackaged and offered on shelves.
- Our online ordering and pickup business remain an option. While we have modified some of the parameters, we remain committed to providing this service.
- We also want to support seniors, those over 65, who have been asked to shelter in home. To this end, we are establishing a special program that includes a pre-selected bag of grocery staples at a discounted price. This bag can be picked up in-store by a caregiver or friend. Details will soon be available online and in-store.
- To support those who were already food insecure, we continue our work with local food banks to provide a steady supply of staples. This is especially important now for children who no longer have access to school provided meals. We encourage customers to donate generously to Raley’s foundation, Food for Families.
I want you to know that we are supporting our team members. Their health and well-being is our top priority. We are supplementing, at no additional cost or burden to our team members, Raley’s already generous paid time off and leave policies. We are also working closely, one-on-one, with team members where unique circumstances exist or arise.
Lastly, we are working with other business partners such as hotel and restaurants to provide their temporarily displaced employees an opportunity at Raley’s. In the coming days we expect to add several hundred new jobs for an initial period of 30 days.
I want to assure you that Raley’s will continue to do all that is possible to support you, our communities and our team members throughout this crisis. We have plans to ensure that our stores remain open amidst any foreseeable scenario.
In closing, I want to thank our amazing team members for their selfless dedication. I’d also like to acknowledge and thank you, our customers, for the patience and grace you have shown our team members.
I assure you that as this situation evolves, we will do all that is required and promise to keep you informed.
On behalf of Raley’s, please be mindful to take care of yourself and each other. Together, we will get through this.
Keith E. Knopf
President & CEO, Raley’s