Report details the company’s continued initiatives to positively impact their people, communities, and planet
WEST SACRAMENTO, Calif. – Raley’s released their second annual Impact Report highlighting the organization’s actions in 2021 to support their purpose of changing the way the world eats, one plate at a time. The 2021 report encompass the efforts of the Raley’s Operating Company including the brands of Raley’s, Raley’s O-N-E Market, Bel Air and Nob Hill Foods.
“This report exemplifies our team’s dedication to prioritizing purpose over profit and our commitment to serving multiple bottom lines,” said Keith Knopf, President & CEO, The Raley’s Companies. “2021 was another unforgettable year for our organization. We are proud to share that we have grown our organization through several strategic partnerships. At the same time, Raley’s, Bel Air and Nob Hill have continued to perform, staying true to our purpose and our strategy.
Highlights of the Raley’s Impact Report showcase the efforts in 2021 aimed at nourishing their purpose, people, communities, and the planet:
Investments in Purpose
- The Raley’s O-N-E Market concept expanded to three stores. Dedicated to fresh, nutritious, organic, minimally processed and sustainably sourced products, these locations also offer nutrition education through the Something Extra Health Program
- 40% of online shoppers use the Shelf Guide Filtering option when placing an order on Raleys.com to ensure that the products they purchase are aligned to their health goals.
Investments in People
- Raley’s is committed to promote and support an inclusive, respectful, and caring culture so that team members can bring their best, full authentic self to work.
- Aspiring to employ team members who are reflective of the communities they serve, Raley’s launched Operation P.E.O.P.L.E in 2021 to create connections with local organizations serving diverse populations to ensure they source from diverse talent pools.
Investments in Community
- Raised over $9 million, the equivalent of 6,550,074 meals, for 12 Feeding America aligned food banks through Raley’s Food For Families.
- Donated over $1.5 million in funds to 180 different non-profit causes and organizations to empower current and future generations to live healthier and happier lives.
- Issued $700,000 in Extra Credit grants to 55 schools and districts for programs that promote nutrition education, teach food literacy, address food insecurity, provide physical safety and directly impact students’ mental, emotional, and physical well-being.
Investments in Sustainability.
- Sourced 100% cage-free eggs and shifted to “no antibiotics ever” chicken for all fresh service deli offerings.
- Diverted over 72M pounds of all waste companywide from landfills.
- Reduced water, electricity, and gas usage year over year
- Rescued and diverted 26M pounds of food and food waste from landfills
In addition to detailing the impact made throughout the past year, the report charts Raley’s course for the future by setting goals for 2022 and beyond. Raley’s intends to publish an Impact Report annually moving forward to transparently report progress toward these goals.
To learn more about Raley’s overall environmental, social and governance efforts and to download the full report, visit purpose.raleys.com.