Media Statement: March 18, 2020
As Raley’s CEO, Keith Knopf, spoke about earlier this week, we care deeply about supporting the most vulnerable populations, including those who are at-risk and over the age of 65.
California Department of Public Health recommends seniors self-isolate, so here are the steps we are taking to get food and other essential items to our at-risk and senior neighbors:
- Starting tomorrow (3/19), Raley’s will offer curbside pick-up for prescriptions at pharmacy locations.
- If patients would like to pick-up curbside, please contact our pharmacy team via phone to make this request and schedule pick-up.
- Starting Saturday (3/21), Raley’s will have two unique Senior Essentials Bags available at a discounted price. These bags can be picked-up curbside or in store. We will make every effort to meet demand.
- $20 Bag: Contains a mix of fresh items and pantry staples.
- $35 Bag: Contains ready to eat meals.
- We call upon our customers to respect the intended purpose of this program, which is to serve those who are at-risk and need it the most.
- Starting Sunday (3/22), Raley’s will open additional timeslots for pickup and delivery. Raley’s has hired, and will continue to hire, additional team members to make this service available to even more customers.
- Raley’s recommends that customers place orders at least 48 hours in advance and select “allow substitutions” on all online orders.
- With limited inventory of high-demand items, Raley’s teams are doing their best to complete order requests with substitutions.
- For customers’ peace of mind, Raley’s has increased security in stores. The health and safety of our team members and our customers remains our top priority.
- For a list of community resources, please see raleys.com/COVID-19.
Raley’s takes seriously our critical role in serving communities, especially in these unsettling times. We will remain open and continue to supply food and other essential items. We will continue to evaluate and make operational changes to meet the demands of this ever-changing situation with customers, team members and community top of mind.